Tuesday 2 August 2016

August: To be read



WARNING: I'm watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this precise second, so if I randomly start fangirling about certain scenes, then you know why. Thank you.

Hello people of the internet! As some of you may know, yesterday I posted my July Book Wrap Up, so I thought it was only right for me to post an August TBR next. And yes, in the picture you may have noticed the new Harry Potter book, the Cursed Child *internally screams and runs around in happiness*. So, in this post I'm going to be showing you the books that I'm planning on reading this month, and I'll include a little synopsis for each one :) Enjoy!



LITTLE UPDATE: IN HARRY POTTER, IT SHOWED KINGS CROSS STATION AND MY MUM THOUGHT
IT WAS HOGWARTS...   *FACEPALM*










Me Before You & After You- Jojo Moyes

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the
bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and
she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is
what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live.
He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour.
And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time. 







Before I go to sleep- S.J. Watson

As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning.
Thinking I'm still a child, thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me...

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep?
Your name, your identity,
your past, even the people you love--all forgotten overnight. And the one person
you trust may only be telling you half the story.





The Versions Of Us- Laura Barnett

A man is walking down a country lane. A woman, cycling towards him, swerves
to avoid a dog. On that moment, their future hinges. There are three possible
outcomes, three small decisions that could determine the rest of their life.

Eva and Jim are nineteen and students at Cambridge when their paths first cross in
1958. And then there is David, Eva's then-lover, an ambitious actor who loves Eva
deeply. The Versions of Us follows the three different courses their lives could take
following this first meeting. Lives filled with love, betrayal, ambition but through it all
is a deep connection that endures whatever fate might throw at them.



Harry Potter & The Cursed Child


It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an
overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son
Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse
ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected
places.







That's all for now! And if you have any books that you are planning on reading, comment down below :)

Thanks for reading,



PS: Harry Potter is finished now. I almost cried at the '19 years later' part and my little sister called me a 'Hogwarts freak'.... LOL. She thinks that's an insult? :D
Pffft.







7 comments:

  1. Omg I love your mum! haha.
    I'm sorry but don't you think the first paragraph of the harry potter blurb sounds like a parody? I mean I really want to read it, and I'm sure its amazing. But come on... It's a little fanfiction-y. :D
    (Do I link my blog after commenting that?? aha)

    Lauren | SimplyLaurenElizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum literally spent the entirety of the film asking questions like: are they forced to go to hogwarts? Why is voldemort killing people? :D i guess it does sound a little fanficcy, but it will still be amazing no matter what!;)
      -Amy x

      Delete
  2. Omg my mum did the same things a few years ago and I almost forced her to read the books. Now she understands it all :)
    Have you started The Cursed Child yet?
    x L | awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum is refusing to watch or read it!!! And nope, I have started it yet, but I will be very soon! X
      -Amy x

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! I really want to read them all,especially Harry potter & the cursed child - when I found out about it was fangirling for about a week nonstop and still have random outbreaks! :)

    Sophie Jane | goo.gl/ABgcLI

    ReplyDelete
  4. The versions of us's summary made me think of the movie "Mr Nobody" I think that how it was called. I'm definitely intrigued.

    It's crazy how after all this time every time I see Me Before You's cover my heart makes a weird move haha You'll love it !

    - The Mad Reader

    ReplyDelete